For some time now I have been wanting to write you an article about the things to do and give up in 2020. This year has been full of fluctuations and I would definitely like to make some changes to make my life more calm less stressful. Don’t get me wrong, I do not regret any decisions I made, it is just that I would want some new things to try/introduce. We just have to learn to focus and everything positive that we have, and learn to deal with the negative in the best possible way that can least affect us.
If you remember few years ago I wrote kind of similar article, but let’s see what are the things to do and give up in 2020. 🙂
- DO MORE YOGA. First thing to do and give up in 2020: do more yoga and quit laziness. I actually did it this year, and at some point quite intensely. Then my travels came along, for a quite some time, and I was lazy to start over. But now when I remember, it really helped my state of mind and my body. I definitely want to start doing it again, even before 2020. Nevertheless I am happy that I realised how it actually affected me in a positive way. But just so you know, I am not saying that you all should do yoga – we are all different and maybe you have some other activity that influences you in a positive way. The point is that you should definitely dedicate time to something that makes you feel so much better.
- LESS STRESS. Guys, this is so important! I know that is easy to say in theory and hard to apply in practice, but we should all definitely try it! Everything bad comes from a stress and when we realise it, its usually too late. I don’t share much of my private stuff, but some time ago I had to take my blood test for the tumour cels, as I had some health problems. While I was waiting for those test results for three days, it was definitely my wake up call to stop worrying about crap and be more relaxed. Health is a number one thing for everyone and we should cherish it the most! Yes, I am the first one that worries about that stupid ongoing project, how will I do next year or to make sure to cover all my expenses, and yes – all those things are important. But not at the price of your health!
- DISCOVER NEW DESTINATIONS. Travel is definitely one of my biggest passions and for years now I always want to discover new destinations. I have a few places in Europe left, but for that I am not in a hurry. I am definitely so in love with Asia, and every year I like to discover some new places there. At this point I know for sure that I will go to Tokyo and Shanghai, but if there will be a possibility I would love to visit Latin America too. Travel, especially when this far, requires a lot of funds, but once you do it you realise it is worth every penny and that is the best investment made in yourself. So I never regret to spend all my savings on this.
- GIVE UP PEOPLE WHO PUT ME DOWN. Sometimes it is hard to figure them out as they do it in a sneaky way, but we definitely shouldn’t have people in our lives that tell us we aren’t good enough, whether they do it directly on indirectly. We all have our good and bad days, but no matter that, we shouldn’t spend our time with someone who is not worth it. Industry that I am in is quite ruthless and people mostly don’t care about each other. There were times that I took it all personal, but the moment I realised it is not about me but about how people are, I felt better. It’s still not easy to distinguish the two, but I am doing my best and that is definitely in the category of things to do and give up in 2020.
- EMBRACE PEOPLE WHO MOTIVATE ME. The opposite of the previous one! There are so many people who motivate me just by their attitude or the way they look at life. Also, the people who are just pure walking knowledge are as motivating as the positive ones, because they can make you want to learn more. These people are so worth our time! And I definitely want to find more of those that surround me!
- STOP DOUBTING MYSELF. We’ve all been there. But at the end of the day, the most important thing is to stay yourself and to be aware of your virtues and flaws. I am so well aware in what I am unique and also which are my flaws. I am always trying to work on both of them, as we are all constantly changing. Nevertheless, the hardest thing in this process is to never doubt yourself. But that is so important! There is no right or wrong, there is just the way you are. And the moment you feel the best in your own skin is the moment you will know you are on the right path! Cause even when we make a mistake, those are the moments that we learn, so the doubt shouldn’t exist even then.
- LEARN A NEW LANGUAGE. I love languages and I haven’t given myself this kind of challenge for some time now. This is such an important thing to do and (not) give up in 2020: I wanna work on my German, as it will complete my “European languages” book. 🙂 Learning a new language is always a good way to invest in yourself and your knowledge, work on your brain skills and advance. Which one would you choose to learn in 2020?
- DEDICATE MORE TIME TO MY BRAND. For those of you who didn’t know, I started my own brand of headbands called Really Glamourly in May 2019 and it had an amazing start and reaction with people so thank you! Even though I am constantly working on it, I definitely want to profound all the strategic plans in the upcoming year and bring it to the next level. It will be a big challenge for me but also something that I really believe I can do (see, believing is so important!) because if it wasn’t possible I wouldn’t have been able to even start it.
- SPEND MORE QUALITY TIME WITH MY NEPHEW. My nephew is 2 years old now and he is the single most important person in my life! When I am with him, the only thing I feel is happiness and joy, a wish to love him more and more every day and to be the best aunt in the world. I want to increase those moments and dedicate more time to him whenever I have the opportunity. These are the things that count the most in life and I don’t want to lose any single possibility to spend time with him. Especially now when he is so cute and full of new tricks and jokes every day. 🙂
- APPRECIATE MORE WHAT I HAVE. We always say: “Oh I wish I was there now.”, or “I wish I had this now.” but there are so many times in life when I stop and just realise how I should be grateful for everything I have in that particular moment! Remember last year when you didn’t have something you have now? Well you should appreciate that! Sometimes I am not even aware of all the stuff that surround me and that make my life complete. So instead of focusing on what I don’t have, I want to focus more on what I have!
- STOP COMPARING MYSELF TO OTHERS. This is so oldie but always goodie, and a MUST to do and NOT give up in 2020. The only person I want to compare me is with myself! To see where I was last year, or the year before and see where I can be next. Where I have advanced and where I have stagnated. Comparing myself to others never brought me any good. It’s not so easy not to do it, honestly speaking, but I definitely want to try it harder. This is also so true because everyone has a different path of life that follows, different situations so comparing ourselves to each other is never a reliable option.
- DON’T CARE ABOUT ANYONE’S OPINION. Same, same! Everyone thinks they have the right to express the opinion about anything – and of course we live in world where a freedom of speech is a strong argument for everyone. But I definitely want to care less of what anyone thinks. You know, there is always gonna be someone who will say you are not pretty enough, skinny enough, ambitious enough… Screw all that! What do they know? Do they know all your problems that you wake up with in the morning? NO! Do they know how you make the rent the end of the month? NO! Do they know if you have some family problems? NO! So screw them. Do what you do best and not care about anyone. I know I will.
- READ MORE. This one is so simple but so important. I have to say that I always read a lot on Internet, I am always so well informed and interested in all the information I can find, but I definitely want to read more books. Both relaxing and educative, it’s a resolution that I find so important.
- GO MORE TO THE THEATRE. I used to go so much to the theatre when I was in high school. Nowadays, I just don’t find time. But no, that is actually just an excuse. I want to change this and see more ballet shows and musicals. I went a few times a few years ago and it felt so amazing and I so enjoyed, but then just stopped. Definitely wanna reintroduce this again.
- MAKE REGULAR DOCTOR CHECKS. Last, but not least – one thing to always do and never give up in 2020, and later too! I have to say that since I moved abroad I was quite regular with this, but want to make it even more regular. It is so important to keep your health in this fast-paced world today that is full of stress, and just know that it depends on you! I know I will pay attention to this and I challenge you to do that too! It doesn’t take much time and it means a life!